About the Book
At Home in the Real World is the result of my journey that combines personal experience with extensive research to shed light on taboo topics in the realm of personal safety.
This book is meant to help all women living under American law, no matter what neighborhood you live in, the size of your house, what car you drive or bus you take, how old or young you are, or whether you vote red, blue, or green. This book squares off with subtle fears that many of us have about personal safety and home security.
It’s my intent to share this advice and guidance with girls and women across the country. With forethought and planning, we can prevent many crimes against our properties, our bodies, and our lives. In it you will find real and actionable steps that each of us can take. Join me in learning how you can spare your property, save your life, protect your kids, and defend the elderly and disabled in your home. It’s been called “a manual to live by”.
What’s inside? Here’s a snapshot:
- Taboo Topics and Underreported Crimes
- 5 Dangerous Myths
- Calamity May’s 3 Mantras
- Intuition: Cultivate it, Trust it, Use it
- Demeanor: Do’s & Dont’s
- Lessons from Castle Builders
- Anatomy of a Door
- 21 Products & DIY Projects for Your Home or Apartment
- What Are You Willing to Do?
- Be Your Inner Badass: Utter Basics, Adrenaline, Advice from Coaches, Fundamentals of Technique
- Unarmed Self Defense: 11 Body Weapons & 17 Body Targets
- Improvised Weapons: Frying Pans & What’s at Hand
- Shotguns & Handguns for Home Self Defense
- Introduction to Self Defense Law